Welcome To Long Beach Island, NJ Also Known as LBI
18 Miles of Smiles
Long Beach Island, NJ Daytripper's Guide
The Daytripper's Guide To Long Beach Island makes it Very Easy To Come To LBI and really enjoy yourself and relax - because we list public restrooms, showers, parking, Mac Machines & directions all in one place.
Just print this page,get in the car & have A Great Day At The LBI Beach. We will try to help you on Long Beach Island in anyway we can.
You can get your beach badges at the beach in any one of the following LBI towns by purchasing your beach badges from the "Beach Badge Checker" Right On The Beach.
While at the beach, you are able to do some surf fishing as Long Beach Island has Great Fishing. Below are Bait & Tackle Shops to help you.
Also, at the beach you are able to surf and we have listed some of the beaches where LBI has Great Surfing.
To make it easy for you to have A Great Time On LBI, directions to LBI are at the bottom of this page & Mapquest if you want specific directions.
Beach Badge revenue pays for lifeguards, beach cleanup and maintenance. They are required when lifeguards are on duty from mid June to Labor Day for ages 12 - 64. Seniors have a discounted rate at 65 and older in some towns, and in other towns Seniors get Free Beach Badges.
LBI Public Bathrooms, Public Showers & Public Parking There are At Least 27 LBI Public Bathrooms & 5 Public Showers. Barnegat Light
* Barnegat Lighthouse State Park, Broadway & The Bay, bathrooms & 200 car parking (open hours). Info Barnegat Lighthouse State Park. To climb Barnegat Lighthouse is only $1 from Memorial Day to Labor Day (kids under 12 free). All other times of the year are free for everyone. * West 10th Street at the Bay near the boat ramp has bathrooms
* Barnegat Light Municipal Building at 10 East 7th Street has open bathrooms during business hours Beach Haven * Centre Street at the Beach has bathrooms, a shower, and street parking
* Taylor Avenue Bay Beach has bathrooms, shower & 80 car parking located near Fantasy Island, Thundering Surf and Schooner's Wharf * Boro Hall at 300 Engleside & South Bay Avenue has bathrooms during business hours and parking on the street * Dock Road at the Bay
* Marine Street
* Nelson Avenue playground
* Nelson Avenue Parking Lot for 20 cars at the beach across from Sea Spray Motel at the southern border of Beach Haven and Beach Haven Inlet (Holgate) - has no bathrooms or showers Beach Haven Inlet / Holgate (Long Beach Twp.) * Wildlife Preserve Parking Lot at the southern LBI tip has bathrooms (mens & womens) & 2 outside enclosed showers and 100 car parking Brant Beach (Long Beach Twp.) * Bayview Park at 68th Street & Long Beach Blvd. has bathrooms and shower (shower is near the volleyball court) and parking for 80 cars
* The LBI handicap observation deck at the beach behind the Long Beach Twp. Municipal Building, 6805 Long Beach Blvd. has parking for 15 cars and bathrooms are nearby behind the baseball field
* Long Beach Twp. Municipal Complex (tennis courts & baseball field), 6805 Long Beach Blvd. has bathrooms behind the baseball field
* Long Beach Twp. Municipal Building, 6805 Long Beach Blvd. has inside bathrooms open during business hours. Parking is available on weekends and holidays all day, plus after 4 pm daily
* Wawa Food Market, 13115 Long Beach Blvd. (near TD Bank) has bathrooms open 7 days a week 24 hours a day while Wawa is open. * St. Francis Community Center, 4700 Long Beach Blvd. has bathrooms only (the parking is private for the Church & Community Center)
Harvey Cedars * Sunset Park Recreational Area located on Salem Avenue has bathrooms and parking
* 75th Street Bay Beach has portable bathrooms * Boro Hall at 76th street has bathrooms open during business hours Monday - Friday Loveladies * Tract # 53 (Harbor South at the tennis courts) has bathrooms
* Tract # 161 has bathrooms Ship Bottom * Waterfront Park located at the Bay on 10th Street & Shore Ave. has bathrooms and parking for 200 cars * Beach Arlington Bay Beach & Park between 13th - 16th streets has a playground, pavillion, bathrooms, a shower and parking for 40 cars * Municipal Building, 17th Street & Long Beach Boulevard - 1 outside handicap accessible bathroom and parking on weekends & holidays all day, plus after 4 pm daily
* CVS Pharmacy (609-494-1006) 702 Long Beach Blvd., has bathrooms open during business hours
* CVS Pharmacy (609-361-8534) 819 Barnegat Avenue, has bathrooms open during business hours
* Wawa Food Market on Central Avenue has bathrooms open 7 days a week 24 hours a day Surf City * Municipal Building at 813 Long Beach Blvd. has bathrooms open in the off season Monday - Friday from 9 am - 4:30 pm and during June, July and August restrooms are open 7 days a week 9 am - 4:30 pm.
Surf City Municipal Building has parking on weekends and holidays all day, plus after 4:30 pm daily at 813 Long Beach Blvd. Note: Long Beach Island has Lots Of Free Street Parking thru All of LBI. To my knowledge ALL of Long Beach Island parking is Free. All LBI businesses let you use their bathroom if you make a purchase. Some LBI businesses will let you use their bathroom without buying anything.
Long Beach Island Mac Machines * Bagel Shack, 306 N. Bay Avenue, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-5552
* Bank Of America, 1501 LB Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 609-361-2603 * Bank Of America, Located In The Hand Store, 1300 South LB Blvd. N. Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-2385
* California Grill, Long Beach Blvd, Beach Haven Gardens, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-1200
* Chicken Or The Egg, 207 N. Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-3695
* Fantasy Island Amusement Park, 320 N. Bay Ave. & 7th Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-4000
* Fred's Diner, Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-4269
* Hand Store, 1300 S. Long Beach Blvd. (13th Street) North Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-2385 * Meltdown Ice Cream, 13302 Long Beach Blvd., Beach Haven Terrace, NJ 08008 - - 609-207-0527
* Show Place Ice Cream Parlour, Corner Center St. & Beach Ave.
Beach Haven, NJ 08008
* TD Bank, 13100 Long Beach Blvd, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-8060
* Wawa Food Market, Central Avenue, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 609-361-2483 * Wawa Food Market, 13115 Long Beach Blvd, Long Beach Twp., NJ 08008 - - 609-492-1960
Long Beach Island Fun Things For Kids & Families To Do * Haymarket Hobbies & Toys, 2120 Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom, NJ - - 609-494-7228
* Fun Factory Arts & Crafts Studio, 14 S. Bay Avenue, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-402-2291
* All Things Bright & Beautiful (Making Crafts & Memories)
* Just Bead It (Make Your Own Jewelry), 1305 Long Beach Blvd, North Beach Haven, NJ - - 609-492-2323
* Just Bead It (Make Your Own Jewelry), 1616 Long Beach Blvd, Surf City, NJ - - 609-494-8177
* Swell Colors Studio & Local Art Gallery - classes, workshops, gifts. 10909 Long Beach Blvd. Haven Beach, NJ - - 609-492-3783
Long Beach Island Bait & Tackle Shops * Bobbies Boats, W. 7th Street & Bayview Ave, Barnegat Light, NJ Marina 609-494-1345 www.bobbiesboats.com * Fisherman's Headquarters, 280 West 9th Street, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 - - 609-494-5739 * Holgate Marina, 83 Tebco Terrace, Beach Haven Inlet, NJ 08008 609-492-0191
* Jingles Bait and Tackle, 1214 Bay Avenue, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-2795
* Captain's Quarter Bait & Tackle, 8201 Long Beach Blvd, Brighton Beach, NJ 08008 - - 609-361-9800
* Ship Bottom Marine Center, 2601 Central Avenue, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 - - 609-494-8100 office Or 609-661-8989 cell * Surf City Bait and Tackle, 317 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 08008 - - 609-494-2333 Long Beach Island, NJ Surfing Beaches There are at least 25 surfing beaches on Long Beach Island, NJ and 7 dedicated surfing beaches in Long Beach Township as follows:
* 14th Street - North Beach Haven
* 32nd Street - Brant Beach
* 48th Street - Brant Beach
* 72nd Street - Brant Beach
* 85th Street - Brighton Beach
* 110th Street - Haven Beach
* 122nd Street - The Dunes Where Can We Play Miniature Golf On LBI ? * Beacon Miniature Golf, 1710 Long Beach Boulevard, Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-7719 * Hartland Miniature Golf & Arcade, 28th & Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom, NJ 609-494-7776 * Mr. T's Miniature Golf & Arcade, 226 Engleside Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-8689
* Mr. T's Miniature Golf, 18th Street North Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-8689 * Sand Trap Miniature Golf Course, 23rd & Long Beach Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ 609-494-3185
* Surf City Island Golf, 603 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 609-494-1790
* Thundering Surf Water Park & Adventure Golf, Taylor & Bay Ave. (Near 8th Ave.), Beach Haven, NJ 08008 Phone 609-492-0869 Rent LBI Boats & LBI Charters * Bobbies Boats, W. 7th Street & Bayview Ave, Barnegat Light, NJ Marina 609-494-1345
* Black Whale Fleet, Centre Street at the Bay, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-0333
* Capt. Brazill's Marine, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008 609-494-7200
* Carolyn Ann III, 18th Street, Barnegat Light, NJ 08008 609-693-4281 * Family Fishing Charters, 214 3rd Street, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-2591 * George's Boat Rentals, 20th Avenue and Bayside, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-7931
* Miss Beach Haven, Centre Street at the Bay, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-978-9951
* Ship Bottom Marine Center, 2601 Central Ave, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 - - 609-494-8100 office Or 609-661-8989 cell (Rents Boats & Wave Runners)
Easy Drive To Long Beach Island NJ Also Known As LBI 1) From New York, Connecticut And Points North To LBI
Take the NJ Turnpike South to Exit 11 - get on the Garden State Parkway South and take Exit 63 to get Off the Garden State Parkway.
Take Route 72 East for 7.5 miles over the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ. 2) From Garden State Parkway (South Or North) - Exit 63 LBI Exit 63: Take Route 72 East for 7.5 miles over the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ. 3) From The New Jersey Turnpike - Exit 4 To LBI Exit 4: Stay to the left/bear left under the bridge on Route 73 (Marlton/Atlantic City). Go 3 miles on Route 73 South until you reach the Route 70 circle. Bear right on Route 70 for only 50 feet, then bear left around the circle on Route 70 East. Travel on Route 70 East 17.8 miles until the Route 72 circle. Take Route 72 East for 25.6 miles to the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ. 4) From The New Jersey Turnpike - Exit 7A To LBI
Exit 7A: Bear right on 526 East and go 1 mile to stop sign in the center of Allentown, NJ. Make right on Main Street, go 3/10 mile and take 1st left onto Route 539 South. Continue on 539 South for 29.8 miles. Make left on Route 72 East and go for 12 miles until you reach the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ. 5) From Pennsylvania Turnpike To NJ Turnpike - Exit 7 To LBI
Exit # 7: When Pennsylvania Turnpike ends continue 2 miles until beginning of the New Jersey Turnpike. In approx. 3.5 miles you will bear left towards Exit 7 and North-New York. Go 3 more miles to Exit 7 (Route 206 Bordentown/Trenton). Pay Toll and bear left and take Route 206 South.
Take Route 206 South for 10.6 miles to Route 38/Route 530 (Vincetown Diner on right). Make left on Route 38/Route 530 East and go 2.6 miles. Bear right on Route 644 East (To Route 72/Shore points) and continue for 7.8 miles on Route 644 East to Route 72 circle. Take Route 72 East for 25.6 miles until the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ. 6) From The Pennsylvania Turnpike - Exit 326 To LBI
Exit 326 (Valley Forge/Philadelphia): Route 76 East to Philadelphia for 17 miles runs into Route 676. Go 2 miles to Ben Franklin Bridge and get in left lanes. Take Route 30 and 38 East (Cherry Hill). In 2 miles take Route 70 East for 37 miles to Route 72 East and go over The Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ. 7) From Delaware, Maryland & Points South To LBI Take Rt. 95 North to the Delaware Memorial Bridge - then take 295 North to Rt. 70 East to Rt. 72 East to Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ - and follow the directions (below) from Route 72 East.
8) From Route 539 To LBI
Turn onto Route 72 East and pass the Holiday Inn and go 5 more miles to the beach on Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ. You will go across the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) to the center of Long Beach Island, NJ. 9) From Route 72 East To LBI From Route 72 East past the Holiday Inn and go 5 more miles to the beach on Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ. You will go across the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) to the center of Long Beach Island, NJ and reach the "T" intersection with the Wawa Food Store on the right. You will be in Ship Bottom, NJ at this point.
Turn right on Long Beach Boulevard and you will go thru Ship Bottom to Long Beach Township, Beach Haven, and Beach Haven Inlet (Holgate) at the south end of LBI.
Turn left on Long Beach Boulevard and you will go thru Ship Bottom to Surf City, North Beach, Harvey Cedars, Loveladies and Barnegat Light at the north end of LBI. Also, you can reach High Bar Harbor off of Barnegat Light by way of a county road at 20th street from Viking Village.
If You Love LBI Like We Do Consider Staying At * Beach House Retreats (Wed & Bed), 113 East 85th Street Beach Haven Crest, NJ 08008 - - Phone # 609-607-9938
* Sea Horse Motel, 43rd Street & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach, NJ 08008 - - 609-494-5392
* Sea Shell Motel & Club, 10 South Atlantic Avenue at Centre Street, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-4611
* Sea Spray Motel, 2600 South Bay Avenue (Long Beach Boulevard) Beach Haven Inlet, NJ 08008 - - 609-492-4944
* Surf City Hotel, 8th Street & Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 08008 - - 609-494-7281
* The Gables B&B, 212 Centre Street, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-3553 or 888-LBI-GABLES NOTE: If you know of or find changes to the above LBI Hotels & Motels or other LBI information please notify us by e-mail at NJLBI@NJLBI.com, so we can give the latest Long BeachIsland, NJ information.
www.NJLBI.com - A Very Informative Website About LBI, NJ Looking Forward To Helping You Have A Great LBI Vacation